Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Charlie Bone... Take 7


Charlie Bone and the Shadow
by Jenny Nimmo

This is the kind of series where you wonder if the author really has a planned out story arc, or if she just intends to keep writing sequels forever, no matter the quality. Not that it was a horrid book. But it's the seventh. And it didn't end. I almost didn't read it. The first five were fine. Some good moments, but nothing outstanding. The sixth totally bombed. But book seven here was better. It seemed to me like the plot had been tightened up considerably. I just wish she'd finish up the series so I wouldn't feel compelled to keep reading them!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Oh blast. I started reading them to know what some of my clients are talking about. I just finished reading five. I guess that means I don't have a lot to look forward to. They're not the greatest books as is, but I do keep reading to find out what happens.