Saturday, January 2, 2010

101!

Phew! I made it! But it was close. I had to cram in a few short books in the last couple of weeks. I think, though, that my goal for 2010 is going to be 50 books! It's going to be much more difficult to read for fun now that I'm taking online classes to finish my degree. Honestly, if I hadn't taken Children's Literature this last semester I doubt I would have made my goal. Reading 2-4 children's books definitely boosted my numbers. Too bad I can't take classes like that every semester!

Most books read in a month: 11 in February (kind of funny considering it's the shortest month).

Least books read in a month: 3 in May. Kind of figures since I moved from Omaha to Idaho Falls in May.

Worst book read this year: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. That's the last time I check out a book from the library without reading a few reviews first. Just because it's popular and talked about doesn't mean anything. This book is almost pure filth. I really shouldn't have finished it. Consider yourself warned.

Best books read this year: I had to pick several, since it was impossible to pick just one. For children, I LOVE The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. I can't recommend The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan enough either. It's the last book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the whole series is a must read in my opinion. From the YA genre I loved Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. It has everything I love in a book. I consider Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw to be fantastic finds as well. Another all-around favorite of mine was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

And, of course, if you haven't read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins yet, you MUST! And SOON!

It's been a great book year and it's been fun to blog about my reading. I'm excited to discover even more great books this year. If you have any recommendations for me, please leave a comment!

No comments: