Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Peter and the Sword of Mercy


This book fully lives up to the high bar set by the three other Peter books written by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. It takes place years later, and Wendy Darling (Molly's daughter) is the main character - though it's not told exclusively from her point of view. Anyway, it's a great book, and it was fun to revisit characters from the previous books. The plot was strong and so was the writing. Good, good, good, good. I definitely plan on owning this, which is as strong a compliment as I can give a book. The whole series is one I highly recommend.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Just thought you should know I still check in on you and I love that you keep up your book blog because I get a lot of my "to read next" books from here. :) In fact, I've got The Lightning Thief and Poison Study sitting on my desk begging me to crack them open. And I just finished A Great and Terrible Beauty a few days ago. Look how your readingness inspires me. :) Miss you!