Friday, January 25, 2013

YA2U

I'm pretty much always moaning about the fact that I never get to meet authors or go to book events. Sometimes I feel so isolated here in Boise because nothing bookish happens around here and I don't know any other Idaho book bloggers. Seriously, if you know one (or if you ARE one!) let me know because I need more bookish friends. And authors never come to Boise. I was totally jealous that last week my mother-in-law just happened to go to an event in Utah where Shannon Hale signed a book for her. You Utahns have all the luck. *sniff*

Whine, whine, whine.

Anyway, I first heard about this YA2U contest on Beth Revis's blog and I didn't think much of it at the time, but today I saw a post about it on my library's website. I went to check out the YA2U website and imagine my complete shock when I saw that BOISE was #1 in the voting so far.

WHAT????!!!???

Seriously if Boise wins I am buying all those books (well, I already have half of them but I'll buy the rest) so I can go meet some amazing authors and get them signed. I'm kind of freaking out that it might actually happen.

Beth Revis!!! I adore her Across the Universe series.

Marissa Meyer!! As if Cinder wasn't one of the absolute best books of last year. I'm currently being incredibly impatient for Scarlet.

I'm also excited about Victoria Schwab's The Archived (hello living, breathing library) and Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter (historical fiction retelling of The Island of Dr. Moreau).

So.

Be nice to me. :D If you're a local (and I know I have a few local friends who read this blog), go here and vote for Boise.

I think I'll make that bigger.
 
 
 Even if you're not a local. Even if you want YA2U to come to your city, vote for mine instead. :D
 
I will love you forever.
 
Or something.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I voted, just for you. :)