Thursday, December 31, 2009

Keturah and Lord Death


From this cover, you might assume that this is a kissy book. I almost didn't read it because of the cover, because I don't like hard-core romance, but it's billed as a clean, YA novel and recommended by Shannon Hale, so I thought I'd go for it. This is a beautifully written (and yes, very clean - only one small kissing section in it) and fascinating book. It's magical and fantastical and everyday real at the same time. I loved Keturah and her story is incredible. The story-telling is amazing! I honestly didn't know how it would end. Well, I kind of suspected, but I wasn't sure until the end. I had to read it twice, because the first time I wasn't totally satisfied with the ending. By the second reading I was completely sold. I recommend it without reservation.

No comments: