Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Unfair Godmother

Official blurb:

Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.


I have NEVER laughed so hard out loud while reading a book. That's it. I'm completely sold on Janette Rallison. I'm ready to check all her books out from the library; I don't care if the titles sound like cheesy teenage stories.

Besides being funny, this book had so much heart. I ached for Tansy while I was reading the first chapter. She's such a good heroine. She's not perfect and she learns so much about how to forgive herself and others and make the most out of her life. I loved her! And all the other characters were equally lovable and fabulous. There are themes in this book that aren't just for teenagers, but situations and moments that really spoke to me about the human experience we all go through. Good. Good. Good.

Have I convinced you yet? You really need to read this book. And My Fair Godmother too.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'll have to try this one... I need some great book recommendations, I've read some really good ones and some kind of lame ones since I've been here for almost 3 weeks now. I better make an Emily approved list!