Monday, July 25, 2011

The Icebound Land


This is the third book in the Ranger's Apprentice series and while I thought the first two were very action-packed and stand-alone good, I thought this third book was very much a bridge book. Not that it was uninteresting. Actually, I thought Flanagan used some surprising and very effective elements for developing his characters, even if they were more psychological than action-oriented. This book is slower and feels like it's not complete without the next in the series, which is frustrating because I've been having a hard time getting the fourth book from the library! Hopefully soon.

This is going to be a hard series to review because I don't feel like I can give any plot details without spoilers, so I guess I'll be dealing with a lot of vague generalities... :D Sorry!

No comments: