Monday, January 5, 2009

Do you pass the Grandpa Wilde test?

My husband's grandpa (former english teacher and super smart) recently gave me a quiz which I failed flat-out. Zero out of three! Looks like I have some homework to do. He told me that he used to ask these questions to his children's suitors as a worthiness test.

Question #1:

Who shot Tom Sawyer?

Sheesh! I'm so embarrassed that I don't remember this! It's been years since I've read it. If you know, though, don't tell me!

Question #2:

How many wives did Pierre have in War & Peace?

Ummm....

Question #3:

Which of the brothers Karamazov killed his father?

I hope I spelled Karamazov right.

Looks like I have some pretty heavy lit to conquer, but I'm determined that the next time I see him I'm going to have answers!

No comments: