Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ranger's Apprentice - Last two books!



I've finally finished them! It's been quite the journey, and though at times I'll admit that I was compelled to read the books just to finish and didn't always love, love, love every book, this is a top-notch series that should be in any home library - especially if kids live in your home. I can't wait to read them to my kids and I'm sure my boys especially will love them. These are funny and clever and though not always completely original, there's something there... These books are so detailed and adventurous that you get sucked in. And there's something fun about being 10 books into a series and knowing the characters so well. You're in on all their inside jokes. You know how certain characters will react in certain situations. It's all good fun and a couple books have the smallest touch of romance, which, you know, I always love. The last book in particular I thought was well done. It seemed the perfect mix of everything I love in this series and was the ending I wanted.

No comments: