Friday, August 31, 2012

Endlessly


From Goodreads:
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.


My Rating: ****

I've had my struggles with this series (mostly Evie tends to get on my nerves), but I couldn't think of a better ending for this series. In fact, after I finished it, I started rethinking my decision not to buy this series. It is fun and ended in such an epic and perfect way. Evie makes some real growth and I was so happy for her at the end. Plus, it was just a hugely magical and dramatic showdown at the end. Really spectuacular. Except it ended a little suddenly after that and I wanted a little more time to slow down and accept the end of this trilogy.

All the major and important characters are here in this book, all with crucial roles to play. Even though, can I just say one more thing that bugs me? In one book, a character will be everything that's evil and the ultimate villain, and in the next they always make a comeback and Evie forgives them right away. Nobody stays a villain, but they don't do it with those shades of grey that I love in not-so-villain-villains. They're all evil. Except, until they're not. Anyway, just a beef and something that confuses me.

Anyway, I don't want to end this review on that note. I'll just end by saying that the Paranormalcy trilogy is not your typical paranormal romance. It is funny and cheeky and sassy and sweet (but not sappy sweet). I think it has a broad appeal and that there are very few readers (who enjoy YA) out there who wouldn't read this trilogy and enjoy it. It's a fun ride and has some wonderful magic and some great characters. Recommended!

No comments: