Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Book Year in Review

Mostly, I'm just proud of myself for meeting my goal. It was close! I came in at 76 books, just one over my goal of 75. Next year I should have more time for reading, so I'm planning on getting a solid 100 books in. Wish me luck!

May was my big reading month, with 10 books - July was the loser; I only read Frankenstein in July. :D

I had a lot of favorites from 2010:

In Children's Lit:
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Harry Potter (obvious, perhaps)
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
The Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
Fablehaven 5 by Brandon Mull

In YA Lit:
Matched by Ally Condie
A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Classics/Adult:
Evelina by Fanny Burney
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Help by Katherine Stockett
The Adventure of English by Melvyn Bragg

Happy reading in 2011, everyone! Let me know if you have any good recommendations for books I should read this year.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

I'm definitely reading The Adventure of English this year. It's on my list! And I'm buying Pres. Monson's bio if you want to borrow it sometime (it just shipped, so it should be here soon).

Julia said...

Emily you are amazing. I just sat down with Tyler so we could pick a book to read together and we are so glad that we have a personal book reviewer. We love your comments about the book and trust your opion so we appreciate your blog so much. Thanks!!