Saturday, January 1, 2011

Matched


Matched is a great new piece of dystopian fiction by an LDS author. It was very clean and very interesting. It was a bit of a mix between The Giver and The Hunger Games (without the violence). I liked this because it was original and very psychological. Most of the plot conflict takes place within the main character's - Cassia's - mind. I love that we discover along with her just exactly what is wrong with her world. The writing is beautiful and I love Ally Condie's use of poetry in the story. Fabulous. I just wish everything didn't have to be a trilogy. Do I really have to wait who knows how many more years for the second and third books before I know how this story ends? The trilogy is feeling a bit overdone to me... I guess I'm just impatient.

No comments: