Saturday, January 1, 2011

Nightshade


This book has been circulating through YA book blogs with rave reviews, so I decided to try it out. While I agree that it was fast-paced, action-packed, and hard to put down, I had some issues with its appropriateness (or lack thereof). I try to be careful with YA books, because a lot of them are filled with sexual material, but I still read them because occasionally I find really awesome ones. This book, while there was no actual sexual content, was filled with innuendo, lust, and compromising situations. I like a good romance, but this wasn't about love, just teenage lust. I should have known, but it got such good reviews from LDS book bloggers I generally trust. But what do you do? I guess what I do is warn all my friends against it.

No comments: