Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Golden Spiral


The best I can say about this book is that it was forgettable. I was lukewarm on the first book of this series (this is the second), but I thought that maybe this would improve it. Nope. In fact, I thought it was worse. It took one of my favorite things - time travel - and made it incredibly boring. It's the plot that struggles. I could never tell exactly what was going on or why. I never really believed the connection between the two main characters anyway, so I was left feeling neutral about their relationship. Bleh. I can't deny that part of my feelings against the main guy character, Dante, originate from the fact that I am not easily won-over by suave, handsome, Italians. Anyway, another problem with this book is with the side characters, whose plots were slightly more compelling, because they were completely disregarded in this book. A few interesting things were set up, then left hanging. Not a book I'd recommend. I don't think I'll bother with the third whenever it does come out.

No comments: