Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Court Duel


Fabulous and even better than Crown Duel. This book has a great romance story in it (completely clean too) and I loved all the intrigues and mysteries surrounding court life. Meliara's struggles were less physical and more psychological and I loved watching her grow and mature and come into her own intelligence. The romance was a bit predictable, but that didn't affect how much I enjoyed it. There's a fabulous You've Got Mail-ish correspondence in this book that I thought was very clever and well done. Excellent sequel.

My only complaint about the Crown/Court Duet? The covers. Seriously not great. It makes me not want to buy them (not that I have money to buy books right now anyway). I wish someone would revamp the covers and rerelease these two books. I think they're so worth the read.

No comments: