Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drawing Heaven Into Your Marriage


Another book for my marriage class; this one from the LDS perspective. I was a bit frustrated with this book and I had a hard time getting into it. It discusses marriage from the perspective that if we choose to become more Christ-like, then we will solve our marital problems. It's not that the premise was bad, I just didn't love Goddard's writing voice. He was very informal and used exclamation points constantly. Now, I like exclamation points. I use them. A lot! (Okay, that one was a little forced). But, I just felt like the tone wasn't very consistent with the material. I do have to add, though, that I found the last couple chapters very uplifting and even moving. It's like he saved all his good stuff for the end. Anyway, it's not a bad book, and I'm glad that I read it, even if I didn't love the first 3/4ths. :D

No comments: